Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon walleye fishing on Lake Erie with shorthaul (Mike), his friend Mike, and my friend Tom. Tom and I have had some problems refining the proper techniques for using trolling rigs for walleye in the Central Basin of Lake Erie, and Mike was gracious enough to take us out on his boat and show us his techniques. Here's Captain Mike taking us out to one of his "secret spots" on Deary Erie:

Of course, no gathering involving the "Dough god" would be complete without a few snacks to maintain your stamina on the open waters of Erie. So Tom and I brought along a sampling of dried Italian salamis, smoked cheddar cheese, marinated fire roasted peppers, Tom's special Hungarian bacon, three small loaves of the Dough god's fresh Italian bread (out of the oven just three hours before the trip), and some freshly made scones for snacking on. Nobody went hungry!

The trip was capped off with a beautiful sunset which Lake Erie gives up so often...

and Mike's talent for trolling is self evident by this limit of 24 "eyes."

Thanks, Mike, for a great time and for great company. The next time we go out I'll bake more bread so we can make bigger sandwiches. LOL

Joe