Thread: Gander Mountain is back in the...

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    As Nighthawk said their site is just coming up. I used to order from them and after they sold out the mail order business to Cabela's years ago it was in the sale contract that they couldn't start mail order again for certain number of years. I guess it's up and they're getting back into it.

Give em a chance to re-build they're mail order and you may be surprised.

Fatman
    I gave them a chance to get some flyfishing items in their store and nothing happened..........
    What they don't understand(and yes I have told them) is the majority of flyfishers here TIE THEIR OWN FLIES. What do they have for fly tying materials?.......a cheap starter set that NO ONE is gonna buy. And if they do buy it, where are they gonna get tying materials? It's like selling a gun and then selling no ammunition to shoot from it. Oh yeah they also have, get this, an ICE FISHING HUT in our store. In recorded history no one within one hundred miles of here has ice fished locally. You can't even ice skate here in the winter. Heck you can rarely even find ice on water. I have no respect for a retailer that doesn't know their local market. You'd have to tote that thing at least 300 miles due north to find any ice fishing.
    Yes they have work to do on that online site. Let's just hope they actually do it and do it better than their stores.
    Fly fishing is pretty big here. We have world-class streams in the next state over (Arkansas) and I have met more people here lately that fly fish all over the U.S. than I would ever have expected.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 08-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.