+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AuSable River Fish-In 2006

Default AuSable River Fish-In 2006

I'd like everyone that wishes to attend to send me an email (in my profile) so I can create a folder that will let me keep everyone updated. Some of you I have.
    Please include in the email how many (approx.)people in your party, What accomodations you will use (tent, camper, 5th wheel, motorhome, hotel, etc.). When you may arrive and when you may depart.
    Kneff Lake only requires no more than 10 people per site and there are 26 sites. We may be able to get everyone camping in there! $10.00 per night per site so if I can put two other groups on the site with me it's $3.33 a day each!
    I am also looking into having a load of firewood delivered to the campgrounds and we can all use it for a small donation in the Kitty. Even though It's August those evening campfires are a must along with hotdogs and marshmellows, smores, etc.
    Lets go for the 2nd week of August, the 14th till ?. The kids can come along and it looks like Kneff Lake is a good family spot.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 10 September 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 10 September 2005).]

BUMP

im there. probably 2 of us, no kids. ill be arriving on the 14 and leaving after everyone else does . i look forward to it.

jack, you already have my email, but you can now put my name in the folder. itll be a long trip, but it will fully be worth it.

------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

JC;
    I'm constructing a map of the area with Points Of Interest marked. Burtons Landing, Keystone (where you and LadyFisher were married), Keff Lake, Jelly Stone (where you can rent a cabin), etc, etc.
    So far it's about a 50/50 split campers/lodge stayers. I'm also suggesting they get a copy of "A Trout Anglers Guide To The Ausable River" so they can do some pre-trip planning.
    As soon as I get my email list completed I'll be sending the information along. Probably do a monthly update also.

------------------

J.C;
    Rusty's? I'm going to be in the area next month (Mio Actualy) and will check it out.

Rusty's is Gates Lodge on the Main Stream.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

LadyFisher;
    Didn't know they had camping facilities. With the dinningroom and fly/tackle shop it would be great. How many can they accomodate? There are a 1/2 dozen tent campers, 2 pop ups and a motohome already and it hasn't been a week!! I'm going to Mio next month and may stay at the lodge overnight.

------------------

Gates Lodge does NOT have any camping facilities - it is where JC and I will stay since we are not camping.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

LadyFisher;
    Had me going there, totaly confused!! I've been directing everyone that is not camping to the Lodge for accommodations.
    Keystone Landing and Kneff Lake are equal distance from the Lodge I beleive that there is a party store where we can get ice and pop right on the corner of M 72 & Stephans Bridge Road. Since the last post 2 more local members have been added.

shoot, I am going just to get some of Mikeys Brisket!!! and the peanut butter fudge is on the line too! This could turn into one of the largest events of Fly Fishing History.

+ Reply to Thread