+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reels

Hey JC, do you know what the target price range will be for the Hardy Angel Smuggler?

Thanks,
    Rex

Hey JC you gotta be a rich man. Mate bought one here, $2500 in the case with reel and line. That's about $2000 US.

Joe, the Orvis stuff I am looking at the Orvis USA site and would buy direct so am quoting US dollars.

I don't know what model Galvan. They have two, a cheaper fibre model and the titanium or whatever it is. You could look at the store site:
    [url=http://www.proangler.com.au:b5b79]www.proangler.com.au[/url:b5b79]

Anybody have an Orvis Clearwater rod?

[This message has been edited by Gringo (edited 25 September 2005).]
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Gringo, I have a 9 ft 4 wt Clearwater rod that I have been very happy with. I use it primarily for panfish and small bass. I think the Clearwater's are very good rods, especially if you can find one on sale.

Rex

Gringo, That's a more expensive model but you still are paying a lot more that we do here. [url=http://www.kkflyfisher.com/reels/galvan_rush.html:0330b]http://www.kkflyfisher.com/reels/galvan_rush.html[/url:0330b]

If you order from here don't you get stuck with duty when it's shipped?

Maybe you should just pay my way over there to fish so I can bring you the tackle; you would save some money. H'mm ... sounds good but it's probably illegal, darn!

------------------
    Joe

Joe... Mmmm......

I can tell you, what I spend in your country somebody COULD come out with a heap or gear!

Now, isn't everything good illegal? Ha ha.

Sometimes I pay duty, sometimes I don't. It is a little random, or so it seems. I hope nobody read that.... I allow for duty etc in the price calculations and can still be way ahead on some items. Orvis for example, we have dealers here but the rods are not an item that has taken off in this country, similarly St Croix. Redington is available but not cheap.

TFO, Sage, Loomis are big sellers and compete with US prices so I'd buy local on those.

I bought most of my reels US.

I'm thinking I might get a Battenkill LA and Clearwater rod in #7. Orvis said they'd throw in a line as well, so it seems a fair deal to me.

Thanks everyone. You better come out here and I can show you some real fish.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread