+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A trip to South Carolina

Hybrid View

Smile A trip to South Carolina

Gents,
    I will be traveling to Goose Creek, north west of Charleston I believe. Should be there in late September/early October. I would love to put faces with names, also plan to do some fishing. My son is being assigned to navel NPTC Charleston. I'm also looking forward to seeing this beautiful city.
    Dave
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Default South Carolina

Dave,

You're in for a real treat. Charelston is a fantastic place to visit. So much history and things to see. I usually go over for a few weeks in Oct. and camp out on James Island at the County Park. They have a public pier out there where you can catch all the Blue Crabs you care to eat. I was raised in Michigan and it's a whole lot different than Michigan or Ohio. My wife enjoys it as much as I do.

There is a nice fly shop you need to visit while you are there. "Charleston Angler". Nice place with a lot of local information.

I would really like to hear from some of the locals on the board about warm water flyfishing in the area. Be nice to spend a month in the late winter or early spring over there fishing.

Have a nice time,

Tom R

Quote Originally Posted by Doublewide View Post
    Dave,

You're in for a real treat. Charelston is a fantastic place to visit. So much history and things to see. I usually go over for a few weeks in Oct. and camp out on James Island at the County Park. They have a public pier out there where you can catch all the Blue Crabs you care to eat. I was raised in Michigan and it's a whole lot different than Michigan or Ohio. My wife enjoys it as much as I do.

There is a nice fly shop you need to visit while you are there. "Charleston Angler". Nice place with a lot of local information.

I would really like to hear from some of the locals on the board about warm water flyfishing in the area. Be nice to spend a month in the late winter or early spring over there fishing.

Have a nice time,

Tom R
    Tom,
    I'm looking forward to it, I'd love to find some water to fish in
    we (my wife and I) love history and cities like that.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Dave

I fished reds with a guide 4 times,3 times in the grassy tidal flats and one other time in the Wando river where we went up in low tide and got out and waded wet and waited for the tide to come in--Ill agree about the Charleston Angler---great shop and very helpful---I used a copper "spoon fly" most of the time. Pm me about the charter capt if youre interested---i used 2 different ones.

Mike
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

+ Reply to Thread