Let me prefiss this with I am not trying to be offensive or mean BUT

What is up with people. I built rods for people for a price. I am not advertizing here just making a statement. Had a guy the 4th of July want a 6FT 2 weight rod built. He gave me his specs and I gve him a price $1000. He wanted the best cork, snake skin inlays, jungle cock inlays on the joints and the best guides, with a nice reel seat. I asked him what he was going to be fishing with it to get a better picture of how to build it. He is putting it in a case in his closet. He will not be using the rod. I know I should not be upset but my goodness why pay that much for a rod to put in a closet. Now to me that is stupid when in reality you can get a nice rod built that is very much fishable and preforms very very well for under $300, depending on what you want. First off with snakeskin inlays under all the guides you are taking away from the action and paying someone to make the rod worse instead of better. For most that use a short rod in a light weight it is for small streams and the better the action the better the fishing, least wise in my opinion. I love fly fishing but I refuse to spend gobs of money for equipment. I still catch just as many fish and can cast far enough to get to the fish. This year because of all the medical things going on I am not going to make the idaho fish-in. Next year without fail barring any life threatning emergencies I will be at the fish-in and will wrap a rod while there. May even give it away. Thanks for listening my friends