+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado Arkansas River !!

Hybrid View

1. Smile Colorado Arkansas River !!

The Ark is back. Had huge late runoff so far this year. I just spent the past ten days trying everything...including the tributary feeders on the upper Ark. Total of 60 fish in 4 days, including a dozen brookies varying form 8-12 inches...absolutely beautiful fish... about 20 browns, the three largest being 16", 18" and one nearly 19". All form Leadville to Granite, CO. the usual Rainbows, about 25 varying form 10-12" stockers to some nice 16-18" growers. Also caught 3 native greenbacks form the small streams feeding the Ark. Man was it fun...! The Caddis hatch was so thick in spots you have to cover up to breath!
    Plus, I did walk into some remote spots...not quite on the highway to get the good brookies, and the highway pullover accesses were great too.

Incredible week and I think this is only the beginning..!

That's great to hear! I'll have to hit the river the first weekend in Aug. on my way over to the Taylor (I'll be in Steamboat this next weekend).

I'm glad the rivers are running late this year because I've been stuck in California for work since the beginning of June (been fishing here though).
    "Engineers don't idle well."

3. Default The Taylor is late this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by CO_Flyfisher View Post
    That's great to hear! I'll have to hit the river the first weekend in Aug. on my way over to the Taylor (I'll be in Steamboat this next weekend).

I'm glad the rivers are running late this year because I've been stuck in California for work since the beginning of June (been fishing here though).
    Upstream of the reservoir is good in a lot of the tributaries. Below, the mysius shrimp are getting the fish FAT!

On the Ark, it seemed that in the 12-14" range it was like catching a snake, but above that they got fat pretty quick. The smaller ones were like feeding sharks though.

A Fellow engineer, huh? And Littleton? coincidence?

+ Reply to Thread