Lighting Strikes again: Trout Magnet Part Two.

Apparently lighting can strike in the same place twice. We had to know if it was a fluke or if the Magnet would knock ?em dead twice and if it worked in more than one pond. Bottom line: The Trout Magnet is Killer King Kong bait, period.

Here is the plan. We would go to a different tank and use different colors. We followed the plan this Saturday morning and hit a different tank in the Vealmoor, Texas area. By now my buddy was convinced and we had both purchased the Trout Magnet Neon Kit. We had 10 each of 6 different colors and 12 1/64 oz darter jig heads.
The first of the two tanks was much smaller than the tank we normally frequent. However, the Magnet took up where it left off, we started catching fish immediately. I got 7 in about 30 minutes, from 6:45 am to 7:15 am. Four gills and three bass each could not resist the charm of the Magnet; the color was the green w/ black back very similar to those seen in Beetle Spin outfits. Buddy had done 10 in this time and Grandson had one on Jitter Bug top water. Went to our old standby tank.

I will spare you the now too familiar details. Suffice it to say we really caught fish. Again we got shad, gills and LMB?s. The LMB?s came in all sizes from hatchlings to 3.5 lbs. Colors, I used the green/black, the orange/pink and meal worm. All worked and worked well. My buddy caught continuously on the Magnet also and wound up with 20 fish total and I had 17.

Here are some of our conclusions. Gotta be the perfect combo of jig head action and size, both length and girth, of the bait that gets ?em. The action in the water must be what brings them in cuz we caught on many different colors. I mean how can ya get shad, gills and LMB of all sizes to hit this, they have to be seeing something they think is alive and ready to eat. The means of attachment needs work. For fly guys ya gotta super glue the body to the jig or it will fly off. It would be good to get a premium quality jig head. These heads are the heart of the thing but are very low quality. I lost my first 5 fish at the second tank cuz the hook bent out and released the fish. Need high quality hood w/ a front facing barb or two to hold the plastic part of the bait. If ya buy some, here is a tip, use a file and cut two very small small slots in the head near where it connects to the hook. These will help the head stay attached and will hold super glue that also hold the bait on.