I am thinking about selling this bamboo. I have had it for about 2 years and only "fished" it once. I did some lawn casting too but limited myself as I wanted to restore the rod. Well, I just do not have the space to so such things.

Here is what I know about the rod. It is a 9 foot/ 3 piece/ one tip. All pieces appear to be equal in length and it is exactly the same assembled length as my H-I Governor. I believe this is a Montague but the only marking on the rod is "Western Special".

The ferrules are really tight, they pop when pulled apart and no clicking while casting. However, the male ferrule on the center piece is cracked. It is still absolutely tight but I quit fishing the rod when I discovered the crack. The winding check also has a crack in it but it is still tight as well. There is some damage to the cork along the bottom end like someone used it for a hook keeper.

The reel seat is the original down locking slide ring type and is in good shape. The guides, tiptop and wraps all appear to be original and are in very good condition. No broken or worn guides to damage a line here. The bamboo appears to have staggered nodes. There is no damage to the bamboo at all. No lamination issues, scratches, cracks, nicks, dings and the finish is in surprisingly good condition.

Warren sent me a spool of beautiful scarlet red silk thread to do the windings and if he doesn't want it back it will go with the rod. The original windings are in fine shape he sent me the thread for the rebuild I never got done.

Really all this rod needs done to it to be fished right now is that male ferrule replaced. I don't really have the time or inclination to do it and would rather sell the rod to someone that does. Problem is I have no idea what to ask for the rod as a fair price. If you all can give me an idea what you think the rod is worth that would be a big help to me. It tosses nice loops and distance with a 444 SYLK DT 6WT line.

Thanks folks.