Well, fished Marnie(?) Lake on Thursday last and had a banner day, 2 hours of dry flies drowning and many grins from the old pontoon boat. Then I think they all got together and decided that the foot has given enough of their brethren enough of sunshine and decided to go deep and completely refuse to rise. But the trusty hornberg and matuka with a ph dropper again fooled them...with the resulting grins and good humor. Then on Friday, decided to sleep in and recover from a late night at the Mammoth Jazz Jamboree, once feeling human again, made the trip to the famous Hot Creek. With a threatening sky, I completely ignored the little voice reminding me of my very bad history with electricity coming out from clouds, lined my trusty Winston and set off on a great adventure to water that I have heard about, but never fished. 3 casts later and a nice 12" bow on the dry, the first chunk of hail made contact with the top of my head at great velocity. Mother Nature has a way of reminding me of my folly in so many ways, and this one was #27, a through and complete soaking to the bone before getting to the truck. So after another night at the Jazz Jam, the next day was another beautiful Sierra morning, clear cool, and a little breeze. Perfect casting weather for an early morning on Hot Creek. It was so good, it was almost criminal. My thanks to the fine folks at Performance Anglers for their sound advice and information on what was working there. If you ever get the chance to stop and fish this area, it?s well worth your time.