Rriver: I don't think I will be making another trip to the Rogue Valley in the near future because of some commitments and the upcoming waterfowl season. Come duck season I hide my fishing equipment until maybe January or February. Besides that, even though the fish are still hitting at Agate Lake it is an ugly place to fish as the water has been drawn down so much for irrigation that there is large mud flats. If you want to try it on your own you have about a month before it gets too cold. What I do is wear chest waders, wade out to about belt depth and work along the shore. I usually catch most of the crappie further out and the bass and bluegill almost parallel to where I am wading. I use streamer type patterns in size 8 or 10 and sink them. I usually use 2 flies, one about 5 feet from the fly line and the dropper a couple of feet below that. 6 or 8 lb leader works fine. Wooley Buggers are one of my favorites. In addition Rick Z has a list of his favorite crappie flies here on FAOL and I have tried most of them with good success.

If you want to try to hook up next spring (say around the 3d week of April) send me you E-mail address, etc as your profile is blank.

Tim