+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penn Brook trout

Hybrid View

Default Penn Brook trout

When the rivers and larger creeks are too high, this is one of the places my wife and I fish. This was Fourth of July, sorry it's not an up-to-date report, I just got them out of our cameras. We used a yellow humpy and a royal wulff all day. This is about a two mile hike back into the hills of west/central Pa.

We had just gotten back from Montana the weekend before and needed another quick fishing fix. We really prefer wild/native trout over the stocked or holdovers so this place is special to us.

Glenn

Glenn -

MUCH better late than never !! Nice pics and some beautiful fish. That is my kind of place - wild fish a couple miles away from the road. Too bad its a couple thousand miles away. On the other hand, I have a similar place in mind for tomorrow, about 35 miles from home. Wild and native cutthroat, mostly about the size of the brookies you guys caught.

Thanks for posting.

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Glenn -

I have a similar place in mind for tomorrow, about 35 miles from home. Wild and native cutthroat, mostly about the size of the brookies you guys caught.

Thanks for posting.

John
    35 miles!? Man, it takes me 60 miles just to get out of Ohio into Pa. I am green with envy!! Would you mind if I pm you with some questions and ideas about Idaho that I might turn into a trip?

Glenn -

Fire away.

John
    The fish are always right.

Great shots of a wonderful looking stream. Nice brookies too. Been a long time since I've caught one of those.

- Jeff

Tigfly,

I love those kinds of places. You did good and great photo's. Makes me wish I was home fishing those kinds of placecreeks. I make the five hour drive with some regularity just to remind me they still exist. Thanks for your post and the nice pictures!

It's been a good year with the regular rains. Enjoy those spots while you can.
    Joe Bertolini

+ Reply to Thread