+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Attending a Fish-In

Hey that fancy float tube outside the room was mine. Give credit where credit is due Blue Eyes
    Remember we all live down stream

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Thank you Eric D, thank you so very much.

Finally, finally, finally!!!! Someone has helped to expose Jack Hise for what he really is...... a died in the wool.... "URM!" I knew it from the first time I laid eyes on the guy, I just didn't have the evidence until now.

I know you didn't come right out and say it, but your description of the Gates and how they treat just plain common folks, like you and me, was the last clue I needed. Jack Hise is a "URM" and now the world knows. No wonder he got the last cabin next to the woods, where he could store his fancy float tube and pontoon boat. I never did see either one of them get wet all week. I guess they were just there on display for the rest of us to drool over.

And don't get me started on his fancy furled leader board. Him sitting up there in the board room making fancy furled leaders while the rest of us are making leaders and tippets out of 6lb and 3lb mono line that we pulled off the spin-cast reels we keep hidden from sight.

I also know what you mean about that uppity fly shop. I spend almost nine dollars of my hard earned money on four flies that those "snobs" told me would catch fish, and I didn't get a single fish on any of them. I know they started snickering just after I turned my back and walked out, all the while stuffing my money in their pockets.

Thank God for this United States of America, huh Eric? We can say what we want, and sometimes with little experience or no true knowledge of what's really going on, but by heck we can say it, and we can say it all day long.

We can expose URM like Jack, and you can go out in the woods by yourself and camp and fish all you want. Please feel free to continue that practice as long as you want, because this is AMERICA.

And I can go to any 'Fish-In' I want and hang around with URM like Jack Hise. In fact I can't wait to do it again, what a great country this is huh?
    Bob, quit holding back your feelings about the likes of that URM Jack Hise. You need to expose him for what he really is, fancy furled leaders and all.

I need to know how to join that URM club. Do I qualify t all? If not, I'll head on back to my double-wide.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default You're in TIM!

You know I had a sneaking suspicion that float tube was yours. You have to have pontoons before you can really be considered for the URM club, but since you hung with Hise all week, you're in the club just by simple exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by scubatim View Post
    Hey that fancy float tube outside the room was mine. Give credit where credit is due Blue Eyes
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~

Talking

Why is everbody a pickin' on me?
    I think I'm getting some sort of complex, like "Beat Up On Jack" cause he's cuter that the rest of us!!
    BTW I've got my room already reserved for next year. Its #15 so you'll all know where to go to beat up on me! Wah Wha Wha!

P.S. Sharing the room with ScubaTim again. A man of high principals and great skills, some of which may be needed when the fight breaks out!!

Just funnin' folks. It's one of the things that happens when you're talkin' with members you have fished with!

Default Watch your step Joe, just watch your step.......

You just better watch your step mister; there are several of us common guys that have our eye on you. We know that you are already in the "URM club" and probably holding down a chair. We just haven't got the goods on you like we have Hise. Hise is toast, but you're close. A LOT CLOSER THAN YOU MAY KNOW!

AND don't think you can pull the wool over our eyes by staying in a campground during the fish-in, trying to make everybody think you're one of us, nice try but "just ain't a gonna work," my "cloak and dagger" URM friend. We had inside information from a close camper there, and it was good solid Intel. THAT"S RIGHT, WE KNOW ALLLLLLLLL ABOUT IT!

We know all about the white linen table settings, the pheasant under glass, candlelit tables, wine so dry it sucked the moisture right out of the evening air. (Heck - there were folks tenting 4 or 5 sites down from you that claimed their sinuses had dried up for the first time in years! What did you have to pay for that wine Joe?)

And we also know about the $50.00 cigars you fired up after wiping the Baked Alaska off your chin.

What really tipped us off was all that different flavored bread you brought into the board room claiming you made. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! No way can anyone from the Island Nation produce bread that good. We all know it was special ordered from Italy, Germany, Spain, etc. What did you do with the wrappers Joe?? You can fool us some of the time, but you can't fool us all of the time..........

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    I need to know how to join that URM club. Do I qualify t all? If not, I'll head on back to my double-wide.
    Bob

OK Jack - you're off the hook, we can only make you pay so long.

Man you don't waste any time getting things ready for the next fish-in.
    I haven't put your furled leader in the water on the Cumberland as yet, but I'm sure getting itchy.

When is it that you are heading out west for the FI there? I want to try and get you up on the Cumberland at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    I think I'm getting some sort of complex, like "Beat Up On Jack" cause he's cuter that the rest of us!!
    BTW I've got my room already reserved for next year. Its #15 so you'll all know where to go to beat up on me! Wah Wha Wha!

P.S. Sharing the room with ScubaTim again. A man of high principals and great skills, some of which may be needed when the fight breaks out!!

Just funnin' folks. It's one of the things that happens when you're talkin' with members you have fished with!
    Bob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post

I'll be in room 16 again, so that Tim and I can accompany Jack the Soloist for the nightly "concert".

Jack, if you think that you have it bad, let me correct you. I showed that picture of us huddled over the fire to my team at work. One of them asked if you are my dad! Yikes! My whole week ruined, just like that...

Ed, suffering from terrible trauma

P.S. When Jack started feeding "the bread that Joe baked" to the fish in the bread pool, I knew that something was, um, fishy... I should have know about Joe when he started talking about his set of Leonard, split bamboo fondue forks. Good catch, RST, good catch. The only problem with trusting your "campground source" is that fact that they were using a matched (His and Hers) set of engraved, sterling book holders whilst reading around the campfire. That means that we might have not only been in the presence of URMs, but even URWs as well. And so close that the land of the UAW. So close, but so very var away... (I'll bet when they talk about gold hooks, they MEAN gold hooks.)
    Last edited by EdD; 07-17-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    (I'll bet when they talk about gold hooks, they MEAN gold hooks.)
    Why would we use anything less than the best. Bronzed hook and even stainless are within reach of commoners like yourself, and we have standards that set us apart from the likes of you and yours.

Did you also hear about the Waterford stemware that we used at Canoe Harbor to sip our bubbly? No paper or plastic for URM & URW.

Enough drivel, my driver is here to take us to our private jet for a long weekend at our villa in the South of France.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Smile

Ouote:
    "Thank God for this United States of America, huh Eric? We can say what we want, and sometimes with little experience or no true knowledge of what's really going on, but by heck we can say it, and we can say it all day long."
    What I related was what I had experienced so please get you your facts straight. I have no reason to lie or exagerate about Gates lodge-I have nothing against the Gates family their business or anyone that goes there-even those that have been less than polite to me. People can behave any way they like to. I prefer the route of politeness & courtesy. To anyone and I mean anyone that wants to visit Gates lodge- have a great time, enjoy & tight lines. Ditto for any Fish-In:may all enjoy and may future get togethers be a roaring success & kudos to those that spend their time putting them together. Having worked to help put together outdoor events & similar activities I know its no small task.
    Now if all will excuse me I have a few things to do today & later I'm heading to the Huron river to catch a few Smallmouths.
    god bless!

Talking We were there, kinda

We were camped over on the upper Man and decided to go and get a couple of flies and STUFF. So happens that there were a few out on the lawn at a casting competition. Sure didn't look like no upity rich mans club to me! Maybe next year we will actually introduce ourselves? Had to get back to the horses or we would have stayed for a while. Sure looked like fun was to be had by all. Looked for a man in a superman get up bt I guess he didn't arrive this year! Not as dependable as santa......

+ Reply to Thread