Quote Originally Posted by brhoff View Post
RAW, the Highbanks area of he 'Tangy is GREAT Carp water...many ops for site fishing and they occasionaly blow up out of the rocks and grab whatever comes by...this is the only place I have seen Carp act this way.
Those 'tangy carp give me heart attacks. I've been wading several times, and have had unseen ones go airborne a few feet away when I spooked 'em (I mean, really, would they be the perfect game fish if they jumped when they were hooked (not that they aren't at the top of my list now)?)

I had one of those 'tangy fish stalk my line/leader connection as well, wish he would have been back 7 or 8 feet to see my fly. Of course, he got about a foot from me, and jumped a couple feet out of the water (I wish I had been ready for that, I could have reached out and caught him)

brhoff, if you don't mind, what's your go-to fly for that river? I pretty much stick to olive woolly buggers with a bit of krystal flash for the lower visibility, but I've been thinking about trying some other patterns.