+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need suggestions

Default need suggestions

Im getting married Sept 30th 2006. my fiance has decided she would like to go on a fishing trip, preferably fly fishing, im a lucky man! Ive been thinking of the salmon river area for salmon/steelhead.
    Anyone have any suggestion of location there, or even other decent trips that wont break the bank. Id prefer to drive within 400-500 miles of maryland. Catching fish would be a plus, but scenery is the important thing.

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

I must agree with JC!

We never had a honeymoon,
    and I for one kind of regret it.

Leave the fishing tackle at home!
    Just do honeymoon "stuff"!

Besides, the Salmon River will
    be mobbed with "Chuck 'n Duckers"
    throwing lead and trebble hooks!

------------------
    **MW**

i've been to the salmon river, and while it is nice for fishing there is absolutely nothing else there! go to cape cod and fish for striped bass during the day, and enjoy the beaches and restaurants, etc. the rest of the time. take the ferry to martha's vinyard for the day, or even nantucket.

Congrats Mdram,

I'm in agreement with the others thus
    far. Look for a place with excellent
    creature comfort, great food, and sunsets that defy the imagination. Warm regards,
    Jim

hey its her idea! and ive heard its not smart to argue with a woman.

cape cod is an option, as is the outer banks, and the poconos. that way if she wants we can fish, and have other things to do
    well i'll talk to her some more.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Never is to stong when dealing with arguments and th wife think about the fun making up.
    It is your honeymoon it is also HER honeymoon.If she wants to go fishing TAKE HER FISHING but go someplace where there is honeymoon stuff too.
    I went on a honeymoon to the Poconos they are VERY nice and pricy got somefishing thats good.If you go to one of the honeymoon getaway spots the often have areas to fish on the property and there ain't nuttin like a bath for 2 in a Giant Champange Glass.

Having a girlfriend that loves to fish almost as much asI do and we have already lived together for 8 months and do not plan to marry for at least another couple years. We have already talked over our honeymoon and decided to fish somewhere that has easy to catch fish that you can catch around noon. We have talked about Alaska for Greyling ourselves which would put our cost to about $2000 for a week of it. Since we have both been married before the wedding in not that important to either of us, so we will only have a small one and that should keep the cost of that down. Of course we have already fished together over 50 times together this year and I have only fished on my own about 5 times. But it all been in Washington,so for us its the thrill of fishing someplace well away from home that we most likely will not do very often.
    Another less expensive option for you might be somewhere on the East coast chasing wild Brookies. Just make sure its far enough away from home to be diffrent and do not just do the camping thing and instead stay somewhere nice be it a hotel or a lodge or at the very least rent an RV.
    There is nothing wrong with doing something you both love to do on your honeymoon, be it diving, biking or fishing. Just make sure you leave some time for just the two of you as well. Take some time to do a little sight seeing and a little time to talk over the future with one another. You will want to make the time together special and not just another one of your fishing trips together.

agree with all that's been said so far......but especially what Micus suggested.
    Cape Cod area in the off-season is a reasonable expense , is quaint, colorful, and lots to do !And coincidently, the stripers should be there, just in time for the fall blitz. You might even get Micus to guide you to the 'hot spots'.

You are ,indeed , a lucky ,lucky man....... does she have a sister... ??

Dadflyer

two sisters, both married.

i think the brooky thing might be a good idea, although i did go to college in mass, wpi if you where wondering, so the cape is idea. but i think i live in the striper capital of the world. sometimes you cant help but catch em! ive not taken her fresh water fishing yet, just salt.

and we have lived together for almost 2 years.
    we both prefer quiet outa the way places with few people.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

take her to hawaii. beautiful scenery and mountainous freshwater opportunities.

plus--you cant go wrong with taking your new bride to hawaii for your honeymoon. i mean, it is the most romantic state we have, and the fishing opportunities are all around, as well as millions of other activities...

------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

+ Reply to Thread