To be honest I don't remember if I posted about my son back (Dec 2006) when he was blown up by an IED in Baghdad or not. However if I did then I want to let you know what is happening now. He is a Green Beret that got his Beret at 37 and is about to turn 40. He originally joined the Army after 9/11 and was with teh 3rd ID when they first wnet in and set the speed record for moving fast to Baghdad back when this war started. Still has not had enough. Just wanted to fill you that don't know about all this in a bit.

Well here we are and my son will have his left leg amputated at mid calf tomorrow. So now we are just hoping that goes well and heals as we want it to. After this and it heals enough he will start rehab on it and get fitted with some prostheses. We think there will be 3, one for normal, one for running and one that is for combat.
We all appreciate your prayers and support throughout this process and I guess again I ask for prayers for this surgery and healing after.
I still can't believe he wants to return to a SF unit, but if that is what he wants I am behind him 100%. I guess he just didn't get enough time with his unit before getting blown up by that IED and still wants to be able to jump out of air planes again.
The wife and I will leave in the morning for San Antonio which is where he finally decided to have it done. He has done a lot of looking into all the options and different places. He has been to St. Louis, Walter Reed as well as other Places and Doctors in Florida too. There is a comfort zone at BAMC since that is where he was treated for his original injuries and he knows many of the Doctors there.
Again than you all for your support and prayers,
Skip
PS we will bring back my grandson to stay with us for a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to that for sure.