+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Ultimate fishing Destination before you die

Default Last Ultimate fishing Destination before you die

If you had one chance and one chance only to fish before you pass on, where would it be and for what fish? Mine would be Labrador, for the massive brook trout
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

I asked my friend this question after a horrible day on the Loyalsock Creek in PA. We were fishing behind his family's cabin on this bend with a deep green pool...in the spring that is. This was summer and the water was dead low, it was brutally hot and trout were non-existant . That night I asked him where he'd go if he could only fish one more place before he died and he said "right to the bend behind my cabin...it's my favorite place on earth."

I'm not that deep though...I'd go to New Zealand for those monster brownies.

------------------
    Joe C.
    "Drift: If you saw a
    piece of steak moving
    unnaturally on your
    plate, would you eat it?"
    - Nick Lyons

I'd pick the upper Selway in Idaho. Not the part near where it joins the Lochsa, but many miles upstream. The fish aren't huge, but it's the most beautiful place I've ever been.
    I doubt that I'll ever get there again, but I see it in my dreams.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

Blog Entries

My #1 has always been Weipa on Cape York , Queens land , Australia
    With up to 55 fish species available to fly and lure, Tuna, Giant herring, Golden Trevally ,Queenfish, Giant Trevally, Barramundi,Permit, Milkfish, Mackerel, Longtail Tuna ,Cobia and many more .

My #2 pick = I have always wanted to fish the florida flats for bonefish and Tarpon .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Black Marlin fishing on the Great Barrier Reef
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Patagonia or New Zealand!

------------------
    **MW**

Dropper:

Reminids me of Thoreau who you may or may not know was a contemporary of Darwin. When asked why he chose to remain in Massachusetts for his studies in naturalism instead of going to sexier places like Darwin he responded with one of my all time favorite quotes,

"I shall never find in the wilds of Labrador any greater wildness than in some recess of Concord."

Same goes for fishing. I love the Narrow River near my ancestral home in Rhode Island.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Tazzy or NZ though.

[This message has been edited by eponymous (edited 16 September 2005).]

Epo,

And I always thought that was an old duck blind sitting on that island. Now I know why it looks and smells so bad and beat up and covered in bird crap. I hope my ancestral home doesn't look or smell that bad.

I can just see epo neanderthals living in that hut 10,000 yrs ago waving willow sticks from stone kayaks.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

I would love to come across and fish the bighorn river. Something about this water intrigues me, and the more I read / hear about it, the more I would love to sample it.

Chris

------------------
    Mataura river fly fishing
    http://www.troutsafaris.co.nz

Micro:

I have internet abbreviations but - LMAO.

You can actually see my neighborhood from that spot. Look back into the Petaquamscut up and to the left from the elbow of the river. My house is now obscured by the trees on the hillside, but 20 years ago you could see clear up there. It is about halfway up. I used to be able to see the waves on Narragansett Beach. My brother now owns a house a litle futher down the hill that has a great view of the end of the river just behind the elementary school.

I like where I live know and respect that it is my kids' ancestral home, but I miss not being in Rhode Island.

+ Reply to Thread