Thread: Missouri Fish-In

Threaded View

Default tlerm

I was supposed to be at site #121 but due to a family problem had to adjust all of my araingments, length of stay, place to sleep ,etc. I was looking forward to meeting with you and other FAOLers and staying the full week. This was my first trout trip of the year and was sorely disappointed to cut it so short , yet ,family needs always come first. I am going to go back again this fall (soon I hope) and give it another shot. There will be far fewer people on the river when I go back.
    I must say that the few folkes that I encountered on the river this year ( I fished exclusivly out of the park) were the most well mannered folkes that Ive run into there to date.
    I know that they were probably all FAOLers at heart.
    Perch

p.s got to cast a Winston somthing-or-other bamboo rod. DANG that was sweet. When I found out (I had to know , Im so gauche ) what it was worth I nearly freaked and handed it back very gently. Still in all , now I have a bit of a clue what all the fuss with bamboo is about.

p.p.s I think that the floods did a fantastic job of rearrainging the river this year. Definetly one of the better jobs. Lots of new holes , cuts and deep runs to explore. Had a very nice one (bow) explode on a wooly bugger/crawdad in one of this years new (massive)holes.Oh yew , I will go back.
    Last edited by perch; 11-02-2008 at 12:48 PM.