+ Reply to Thread

Thread: animal rights groups are going....

Blog Entries

Default animal rights groups are going....

way too far. how does hurting people to tell people not to hurt animals make sense?
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/animal-...438x1200251877

WOW!

"Dr. Jerry Vlasak, a spokesman for the Animal Liberation Front press office. In an interview with The Associated Press, he said he is not encouraging anyone to commit murder, but "if you had to hurt somebody or intimidate them or kill them, it would be morally justifiable." (for some reason, the quote button is working)

That is an incredibly bold statement. I suggest that if they do not want animals being used for medical testing that they submit themselves for those tests instead. The idea that they are fighting for something that can't fight back seems to be the initial justification for these groups. Cancer patients among millions of other afflicted human beings cannot really fight for themselves either, so why not accept the loftier cause and just martyr themselves?
    We could get rid of some of them and they could feel good about doing it b/c they saved a cute little disease ridden animal.....

I repeat WOW!
    Leave No Trace

Extremism is nothing new. For decades I have heard that it is sacrilege to fish for trout with anything other than a dry fly. Pull a wet fly from your vest and consider yourself a heathen in the eyes of the purist. Go figure.

It's a sad day when the lives of animals are considered more valuable than those of human beings, but that day is upon us and educators at all levels are preaching this extremism to our children and impressionable young adults. Just look around and see how many young people have turned vegetarian or vegan, largely due to influences other than their own research. I've heard people say that they will not ingest anything with a face or a pulse. Some even believe that plants feel pain when pulled from the ground. I'm not sure what they are eating to stay alive with a belief system in such turmoil.

No, I'm not surprised at the amount of extremism today. The really sad part is that there are so many politicians that support those people with the hopes of getting their votes in November. Seems they can all be bought for something as simple as the promise of a vote.

I digress before I get on my pulpit and tell your what I REALLY think.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

And when they do commit a murder, their whole organization will be under close watch, which will be the end of them.
    The day I become a vegetarian is the day either animals are all gone, or right before I take that sharp left off the cliff.

Caught this in the morning paper.
    Everybody has the right to their own opinion but when they start condoning or encouraging violence time to shut them down or start shooting back.
    now if you will excuse me I have a medical experiment to perform on a chicken breast and a slab of bacon.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

I've been very unfortunate to have met many of these so called "animals and Eco activists and yet, I've YET to meet one with even a glimmer of vague intelligence.
    They will protest and confront, hunters and do so, while wearing leather belts, boots and shoes. I met several, that claim "SHEEP, should not be sheered, because they don't have the way to communicate with humans and say if they want to be, or, not!" (A PETA member, of course). Naturally, with their lack of intelligence, don't realize a sheep can overheat and die if its wool is not removed on a regular basis.

"Eco-Terrorist", (actually to me, FAR SCARIER than the PETA types!), will show THEIR "INTELLIGENCE".................... and burn down several wood framed houses, under construction, to "protest the use of all of that wood", not realizing of course that it NOW will take even MORE WOOD to rebuild what they've burnt down!?! They may fire bomb a dealer's lot of large SUV's to "protest the gas guzzlers", only to make that same dealer, purchase MORE large SUVs to replace the ones destroyed by fire.

And, I've always been so "impressed" with these so-called "Highly sought after"..."Hollywood STARS", they get for their spokespeople. "Highly sought after"???
    WHEN, was the last time "Betty White", (PETA), made headlines? "Pamela Anderson"?(PETA) "Sally Struthers"? (PETA).
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

[QUOTE=...snip
    but that day is upon us and educators at all levels are preaching this extremism to our children and impressionable young adults. [/QUOTE]

I don't know whether to be offended by this or not, as I sit here in my summer school class tying flies to use on my upcoming Colorado trip (seriously). I also am thinking back to all of the times I was able to hunt private land/clubs due to my students' largesse. All of the information gleaned about where to go, as I talk to my students.

Educators at all levels??? Sounds kinda like we are all life members of PETA.

Don't get me wrong...I love animals....with a side of potatoes and a nice blue cheese salad.

maodiver

PS...is this really any different than those of you who look down on someone who doesn't catch and release? you want to get the stinkeye??? keep a fish that fits inside the size/slot limit....and let other FFers see you do it. I did it on Hat Creek here in CA with a 20" brown (non-native trash fish)...I had a guy talking down to me when I went back to my truck at the end of the day...it didn't help him that I had whipped out my metal stringer to keep the fish in the water cooling as I continued to fish.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Environmental extremists are just nuts. Thank them for our high fuel prices while you are at it!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Try riding a dirt bike(licensed of course) into the town of Teluride(we call it Tohelluride) some time. I've been given the finger just sitting at a stop sign before. Those people are................ N U T S!

It's pretty cool. All the tourists come up to you and ask you where you are riding and thouroughly enjoying seeing you and the locals, well that's another story
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread