I haven't tried one of these lines yet because of the price. Right now my limit on lines is around the 45.00 max range. Being a bamboo rod nut, right now Cortland 444 peach, 444 Sylk and 333ht lines plus a few of the comparable Scientific anglers lines and a few from Orvis. Most of them are dt. When I see lines on sale I will buy them and store them till needed. Now if I could afford 100.00 or more on lines I would definitly try one or a real silk line.
Joe mentioned that the wf line is 100'. Cortland 444 and later lines are 110', I also feel this is too long but it's a wf line there is no problem if you cut 20 or even 30' off the end of the running line I'd rather cut the line than sacrifice backing capacity. Anyone know how long the DT lines are? I have to ask if your actually using a true la reel or a standard reel with a LA spool as in the Teton Tiogas. There is a huge difference in backing capacities between the 2 types of reels.
As to the noise I think any line not perfectly smooth will make noise. Cortland years ago have a line that had raised bumps on it's surface to increase distance a precurser to the ridged line idea, braided or furled silk lines are noisey also.
I agree very few of us fish at distances over or around 60' but the ability to cast that far really helps on those wierd areas where your casting 25' but have 40' of line on the water to get a drag free float or when fishing the surf with a strong head wind.
Hope this helps.

Tom