Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer View Post
I have to agree with Ray's post when He says that some commenter's have never even cast it yet feel free to comment on its merits.

I have cast the Sharkskin twice on the lawn using JCs Gatti. I have not cast it on the water. I know that whenever I pick it up that Sweet sweet Gatti rod feels alive in my hands. To feel any difference with the sharkskin I would have to put it on my sage launch. Then If I felt a difference maybe my comments on the sharkskin would have credence.
Personally I could care less if a line allows me to cast a bit farther. I fish stillwaters mostly. My cast is adequate for the Selway, the Lochsa and Rocky Ford Creek the only moving waters I fish.

"The sharkskin line floats very high on the water surface. I find this to be a huge advantage, I can pick up a lot of line easily. It mends like nothing I've ever fished, with so little water contact it's easy to manipulate. It loads the rod and casts farther and easier with fewer if not one 1 back cast. "

The above Quote from Ray is what would make me go out and buy one if I had the extra cash.

PS
I'm hoping JC will tire of that Gatti and sell it to me, GnuBee the cheap.
If I could get that Gatti for $100. bux Now that would be worth it, man
do I ever love that rod.

I'll offer him $200 for that Gatti, and a new Shark Skin line.
(GnuBee, we'd better watch out before we irritate him. What diya mean, "It's way too late for that"?)

Ed