I've been wanting to see a copy of Drake Magazine since I read good stuff about it here on this board. So when I was in the Old Forge Orvis Store (top floor of hardware store) last week, I tried to buy a copy. It would have been easier catching a prize brookie in the Oswagatchie. First, I had to beg a guy to open up the Orvis room. He looked at me like I was nuts, but eventually found a key and unlocked the inner sanctum before wandering away again to the paint section. Then, after locating a copy of last spring's Drake (the only issue they had), I took it to the register and tried to buy it. The sales clerk looked all over for the price. I pointed out the price on the cover "FIVE BUCKS. 10 BUCKS FOR BAIT FISHERMEN." She looked me up and down. "What?", says I. "I fly fish!"

"Ooookaaaay" says she. "But I can't charge you for this magazine. We don't accept prices like that. It won't scan. Here. Just take it."

No argument. I laughed, shook my head, but I took it.

Nice article, btw, Dave. Hope you got paid.

...Diane

------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW---What A Ride!