+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFR Help Flood Victims in IA and WI

Hybrid View

Default NFR Help Flood Victims in IA and WI

My husband and I have volunteered with this wonderful group of trained disaster responders after the floods in S.E. MN last year and the tornado in Hugo, MN this year. If you can find a day or so or you know someone who can (your teenager's softball team, maybe?) see the contact info below.

I ask forgiveness if this message is inappropriate here, but I know you to be a generous community. You do not need to hold any particular faith to join this group. What follows is the message I got today.

NECHAMA UPDATE

It has been a very busy few weeks for NECHAMA in Iowa. We have had dozens of volunteers who have helped many flood victims. To date, our work as been in Mason City and Waverly. The Mason City community has welcomed us, please click on the links below of the Mason City Globe Gazette to view a short interview with NECHAMA's Operations Coordinator Dan Hoefts and an editorial about NECHAMA and acts of kindness.

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...a094062131.txt

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...f959722010.txt

The rest of the summer looks very busy for NECHAMA. We expect to continue our work in Iowa through August. In addition to Iowa, the State of Wisconsin also received flood damage and the city of Milwaukee has asked NECHAMA for help. Seth Gardner is meeting with city officials on Wednesday, July 2nd to see where NECHAMA is most needed. Please watch for updates on the Wisconsin deployments later in the day on Wednesday. This is a great opportunity for NECHAMA to extend it's footprint to the Milwaukee and Chicago areas. Please forward this e-mail to anyone you may know in that region for potential volunteers.

Thank you to all of our volunteers who have already helped and for those who are still wanting to go on a deployment, please pick your dates and contact Amy Cytron acytron@nechama.org and she will help organize your deployment.

Update for Twin Cities helpers: there will be a carpool leaving from this area on Sunday. If you would like to give a day, contact Amy whose info is above. Work will take place in Waverly, and Iowans are also encouraged to lend a hand. You may also contact her.

nighthawk Guest

Wish I could help. Right now we are shipping supplies from the depots to the military out there for the victims of the terrible Midwest flooding. I will do my best to get them their freight in a timely fashion. That is about all I can do and, of course, pray for them.

I'm sorry, but all I can offer now is prayer. I will keep all there in my prayers.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Every little bit helps. Thanks for your thoughts, too.

+ Reply to Thread