Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for being slow to chime in but I just got back from a three week family vacation on the far side of the continent. I'm way behind on everything everywhere now...

The spike I used is pretty wiggly but I don't have a koosh ball to compare it with (yet). Mine looks like one of those weird new dog toys (except my dogs want nothing to do with all those things wiggling at them). It should have great movement in the water.

If I can find a proper Koosh ball, I'll tie some with it and compare. Funky flies are a lot of fun.

When I first started tying, folks would tell me I couldn't use strange materials. Then as I learned more, I'd find somebody else was already using the same thing and nobody was telling them they couldn't. So, I quit listening to what I can't use and just use whatever looks like it might be something the fish haven't seen yet.

The wiggly/spiky things look like they'd have great action in current (or when stripped). I'll try to get some testing time on the one I posted to see if the fish will die laughing or at least taste-test it.

I think the spiky thing I got my material from came from Michael's (somewhere near the cash register I think). I looked for it in their online catalog but I didn't see it. Odds are, it's just one of those random things they had in the store that never shows up online...I knew I should've grabbed more of them.