My latest post was about the price of fuel slowing down ( seemingly to a crawl) my pursiut of trout.
Now that I am done (maybe) whyyynning about not getting to trout fish as often as I would like here's another angle.
I have all of this fly fishing and tying stuff and surely want to use it. Warm water seems to be my newest and most readilly available pursuit.
Sadly I am not the sharpest tack in the box.
To wit , I am once again without a clue.
What to use for flies and what strategies on warm water quarry i.e the noble blue gill or majestic bass and of course the much misunderstood crappie.
Seriously , I have fished all of those and all the other fish of the midwest and am a pretty good hand at it with a spinning rig or bait caster , I have given those methods up for the fly rod . I dont figure on going backwards at this point in time .
Sure would appreciate if I could get a few heads up on where to find articles to look at for teqniques and fly patterns to use . I prefer top water but have no allusions about the learning curve from going sub surface to top water and am not bothered to start out slow and figure out what s going on .
Thanks for any info that comes my way