Thread: Lafontaine's Legacy

Threaded View

I received a warning for my above post. Some felt I was insulting their intelligence. That was not my intent. I was just playing further on the starting post, where it states that some of Gary's stories were true. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that some were not true?

I visited with Gary on several occassions at sportsman shows, many time one on one. I came to know him for his sly ways of capturing an audience and could sometimes tell when he was pulling legs. He enjoyed people and I got the sense, that he sometimes fished for a different species every now and then.

I think we have all been reeled in by such things as the "fly that always works", "the place where twenty inchers swim" and a myriad of other lies. Remember fishermen are known to be avid liers. It's something we joke about.

I'm sorry if you were insulted. It seriously was not the intent. My intent was to point out that we are somtimes easily hooked, just like the fish. Are we so serious here, that we can't just swim away after being released?

Remember the time Gary sent everyone into Mike Lawson's shop asking about the Potato Bug pattern. He wrote in his newsletter that it was the hottest pattern on the Henry's. He got a kick out of BSing. It was all in fun. Lighten Up!
    Last edited by Wildnative; 07-28-2008 at 09:20 PM.