+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News

Default Good News

11 weeks ago my Doctor told me I was a little sweet, I told him "I know that"! He said that I was borderline diabetic and better cut down on the suger! I did what he asked, learned to drink my coffee black, no more 2 - 3 cokes a day, low carb everything, 5 grain breads, lots of salads.
    Well, than my triglyceride level was 333, today it's 140!!
    I've lost 13 lbs. (185 to 172), although I didn't think I had an energy problem then, I sure do have much more now! Im also so regular now that I can safely say "Don't call me at 8:30 in the morning!!
    My overall cholestrol went up but the big increase is in the good stuff!!
    I've never heard a doctor say "Great" so many times? My blood presure is a little high so he put me on garlic pills. "If I can get you off the cigarettes you're good for another 30 years"!
    I'll be 66 next Friday and if I take him up on the deal in 30 years I may be just "Thinking this message" into a matchbox sized PC!!
    Now, Think about my signature!? Cause I surely do!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Jack,
    I quit smoking about 7 yrs ago and haven't missed it a bit. Unless you really enjoy smoking, you can quit fairly easily. Let me know if you'd like a few tips.

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

MOturkE;
    Lay 'em on me!! All the help I can get!!

Blog Entries

I'm a little concerned. I don't have *any* bad habits. What am I gonna quit when I get old?

(guess I could quit lying)

Atta boy Jack.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Way to go Jack

Great news, I love to hear the good stuff.

Harold

Jack,
    You've got mail.

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Jack, earlier this year I posted a similar refrain....sugar too high, etc. etc. In short, I hit the diet trail and increased my exercise level and I lost 35 pounds in total, went from a tight 40 inch waist to a loose 36, dropped my blood pressure by 20 points or so over 10 points or so drop and I now consistently have BG in the a.m. (fasting) in the neighborhood of 105-108.

Simple, some self discipline, a loving very helpful wife and some good medical advice.

On another thread we discussed stopping smoking. I did that cold turkey after 25 or more years of 3 packs a day about 20 years ago. Why did I stop? Because I wanted my sons to not start and hypocrisy ain't in our vocabulary. Am I glad I stopped? You bet your bubby, cause I'm still alive, kicking and looking forward to the next 20 or more years.

You can stop, it's only a matter of YOU wanting to. The Doc, your loved ones, your friends, the guy down the street and the Mayor of your city aren't going to convince you to stop......only you can do that. Like the Nike ad sez.....Just Do It!!!!

------------------
    There's snow on the roof but the fire still burns in the oven.

That is good news Jack. Congrats. My Chl = 270 and try's 475....but my BP 112 ovr 65. I have always been high normal on the BP. Been taking BP pills for 20 years. My current doc, a PA...put me on Midcardis and I have never had these low of readings before. Been over a year and they still this good. I never in my life ever read below 130 before. Anywhooooo......icw smoking. I disagree with all the people saying it is easy, just do it. I smoked for 20 years.....but quit 25 yuears ago. I went to SE (smoke enders seminars) and it's the best $150 I ever spent. Cigs 50 cents a pack at the time. I could not quit on my own, even tho I quit several times in my smoking career. After Smoke Enders sessions it was relatively easy. I do not see their adds any more and cannot vouch for their material they now sell on a website. Go to SE or Smoke Enders....I will look it up for you. But they are legit. Worked for me.

Jim

The website is smokenders.com. That is the outfit I used to quit 25 long years ago. They are a legit quit smoking company. I had no one to advise me.....I went to them on my own. I have zero experience with what ever they are selling now......but attending their seminars once a week was well worth it. I can really vouch for the seminar program....if they still have it. Out of 65 of us, 60 quit. Don't know how long the all stayed quit....but best thing I ever did.

Good Luck

Jim

What a place!! Guys I have to say thank you for the replys
    MOturkE, got the email, thank you
    Hidehunter, Harold, Silver Top and Plain Old Jim.
    I do enjoy smokeing, but when I'm here, in the morning in the evening , checking mail, repling, etc. I chain smoke!!
    I've been working on the details for the 2006 AuSable Fish-In every evening and I'll go through a pack!! When fishing or working on a project I may have a cigarette an hour!!
    By the way Ya All come on up next August for the Greatest Fish-In Ever!!

+ Reply to Thread