Oh yeah! We're leaving sunday for a week of fishing. 3 days on the N Platte near the colorado/wyoming border, then the rest on the lakes and rivers in Pinedale WY. A much-needed vacation, though my boss keeps coming over and asking how re-organizing my fly boxes at my desk relates to my job. Told him I'm just practicing my organizational skills in preparation for some major MySQL database work for our store. His reply was "harrumph."

My fishin' buddy and I just invaded the local tackle store, and we each bought Fish Cat 4 belly boats, Dan Bailey waders, flippers (Browning and ForceFin), solid (non-inflatable) PFDs, chest packs for gear--and one wristwatch fish finder ;~)
I bring this up because the store owner was REALLY happy for our business, and knocked so much off the
price of each item that we came in well under what it would have cost at Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabelas.
Support your locally owned fly shop!

We took a test run with the boats on a local warmwater lake, and even caught a couple bass. The FishCats are incredible -- very stable in the water, and a comfort level comparable to a Barcalounger easy chair. Sweet!

I'll be sure to file a trip report here with photos upon our return to Colorado.

Danbob

PS My thoughts will be with Green Mountain Man during our trip, and I'll be using some of his foam ants on the N Platte.

[This message has been edited by danbob (edited 16 September 2005).]