Fishing High Mtn Lake, June 21,2008. Conranch ( Name of Lake withheld)

Friday afternoon Dan Bob arrived back at the Ranch after spending a week playing on Canadian Lakes. Soon after, Z drove in from Ellensberg, WA
Ken Sample (Conranch Hackle) was our cook and turned out an excellent meal of BBQ Country style ribs, w/wild rice, salad and all the trimmings plus biscuts.

Steve brought Lady who had fun with both our Jack Russell Terriers. Steve & Lady bunked in our front room and Ghia slept on Denny?s bed, as per normal. Daff with Ken and Dan Bob over at Kens.

Saturday morning we had an excellent breakfast, prepared by Kenny again. Dan Bob did the dishes.

Jeff W from Spokane arrived about 9 AM Saturday and off we went, taking 3 trucks. Upon arriving at the lake, we hooked up with Stan Carlberg, (CR Birds), Vella and grandson Casey. (11yo)

The lake was one of the smaller ones, about 13 acres and still colder than normal for this time of year. I doubt if we will have good insect hatches until the water temp comes up to normal. Everyone caught over 5 fish and most of us caught over 20. None caught were what we would call large, even though they are in there. Cutts, cutbows, Eastern Brookies and nicely colored Bows.

The weather was beautiful and cooperative. Each and everyone had a ball as there was very few times when at least someone or two had fish on.

Lakeside lunch was prepared out of the ice chest.

Jeff had to get home but the rest of the gang came back to the Ranch for a well prepared meal of T Bones, done to perfection by Kenny. The ear corn was also excellent.
Early this AM Dan Bob left for Colorado and Z & Lady departed for home.

I am sure all that participated will agree it was one of the best days of fishing and sharing.
For me it was a Super day!

Hope to plan for this Fishing outing again, soon.

Denny