+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide wanted - Roaring Fork

Hybrid View

1. Default Guide wanted - Roaring Fork

I'm needing recommendations for guides in the Glenwood Springs area. I hope to schedule a full day wade trip for myself and a novice lady in public waters. Ideally, someone willing to point me in the direction of good water and then spend the day patiently tutoring the lady.

Thanks.
    - Steve

2. Default

Steve,
    The Roaring Fork and Frying Pan are my "home" waters and you are headed in the right direction in thinking about hiring a guide. These are both very technical waters to fish for very large and wary trout. You might want to check out Taylor Creek fly shop or The Frying Pan Anglers for you guide services and be sure to mention that one of you is a novice (I have been fishing these waters over 27 years and have never hired a guide so I can't recommend a specific one). That said, you can have some spectacular days on these rivers with over 100 fish touched with a few in the 5lb and up up up catagory. When are you planing on your trip as that will dictate what type of fishing you will encounter?

My wife and I had a great time on the Roaring Fork with Brody Henderson out of Fly Fishing Outfitters in Avon. He is a patient and highly recommended guide.

Hey beware...

Do you live near Woody Creek? I have family there.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Smile

Sorry to say this Post and the first Reply are bogus, both authored by a former dysfunctional member. I sent him 2 PMs and no answer back.
    He most definitely has not been fly fishing for 27 years and 100 fish days? LOL He was truthful that he has never hired a Guide! LOL
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Would that dysfunctional member be a grumpy old guy?
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread