Oops, didn't mean to step on a sponsors toes. I thought that the post by Rocketfish...

When I said a not so expensive, I didn't mean the worst stuff...sorry socalsalt and China
was meant to imply that he wasn't interested in Chinese made rods, so I disregarded that option. You certainly can't compete with those prices in an American made rod, so if you want a NEW rod in your price range certainly those made by Elkhorn, Headwaters, Teastick, Highland Mills, Duluth Rod Co., Cabela's, Diamondback, etc. etc. would fit the bill. Last I heard, the blanks were all being made in the same Chinese factory so I suppose you could expect similar quality.

Although the old adage "you get what you pay for" does come in to play. If you can only pay a fixed amount, and you insist on new, then I will say that at least you are getting a fair product for your money. Just my two cents (take it for what it's worth), and of course I'm biased towards American made, but I sell nothing in this price range so only have personal biases to share.

Bill O.

www.oysterbamboo.com