I live on a country road, so I see a lot of wildlife, as most of us do. All, good for flies of course. Deer, chipmunks, squirrels, dogs, cats, etc.

Today, driving home from the pond a chipmonk ran across in front of me. Now me, if something runs out and dies, they were stupid. My wife, she'll feel really bad and cry etc. So anyways, back to the story. The chipmonk, runs across the road, I miss hitting it. And I'm not sure how, but I did. My wife, in a high pitch tone is saying "Run little chipmunk, run".

So it makes it. And my wife slaps me and screams at me "You were AIMING for him!!!!". So I laughed.

Now I'm not saying I wasn't aiming for him, but I'm not saying I was either. I just wasn't swerving for the little bugger. Fresh layed gravel etc. Swerving would have been a bad idea.

So, it got me wondering if any of you actually aim for the little guys running across the road.

I'm going to pick up some Borax incase I do run one over. Afterall, no reason they should goto waste and rot, and be ran over 100 million times.

I do find though, I nearly run over squirrels a lot now that I fish almost every day. And travel almost 90% gravel roads. Alot of which are treed on both sides. Just hope I don't hit something bigger with my cavalier haha.

Cheers,
Shane