So I've been fishing wooly buggers pretty much primarily. And the last few times out I've noticed that the fish, being bass and today a carp. The panfish still hit em like it's crack. But anyways, the bass follow my wooly buggers, but won't strike them. Maybe just because thier nesting and all, and they think thier chasing them away? I dunno.

And today, I Went to a local pond that I know is full of carp. Was exciting, even though nothing was interested. I've been targetting carp in rivers while wading. Much different when on a bank and thier in a nearly still pond. So, I've tossed the flies, trying to get the bugger into the "feeding zone". The last fish I threw the fly too, seen it move and came beelining for it. Well, I was bringing the bugger in slowly, and stopped. The carp got so close to it, then took off. What gives? My wooly bugger stink or something? Just when I was about to hook my first carp, it takes off. Bah!!

So what's with the bass following the bugger but no strikes? And the carp? Maybe the carp knows about my posts, and wants me to stay unhappy

Thanks,
Shane