Thread: Mike Thomas is a scallywag!!!!

Threaded View

Default Mike Thomas is a scallywag!!!!

Holy Moses Mike I nearly died when I logged on to find my ugly mush on the front page of my beloved FAOL!!

Refer:

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...ide/downunder/

Nicely written tale my trained killer friend, but you forgot to mention a couple of facts:
    • It is not possible to scream breathe or swim when you suddenly submerge fully laden into NZ water running fresh from one of them glacier thingies: Brrrrrr....
    • Chris and Q were lying on the bank at Mill Race because we were totally knackered from climbing rocks and cussing them bloody huge fit fighting fish what know well how to break off heavy tippets using the strong current;
    • I might have gone fishless on the Wanganui River but so did the six or so other fishers that were there including the Canadian International Fly Fishing Team delegates!!! I think they know how to fish so I stand fishlessly vindicated!!!
    • Lastly the Major Jones pool - you did not mention the underbreath cussing and mechanical casting coming from you while I hit twelve in a row before you had a touch????
    • Now really really lastly: I like to have a rest, enjoy the sunshine and dry out after a swim until the feeling returns to my limbs.
    Mike, you are a fishing machine. You are fit, (show him a stream and he's like a mad mountain goat when its tether snaps,) devoted and possessed. You have great skill, ability and local knowledge. Your happiness and positive mood is always infectious; your generosity seems to have no bounds. I am proud to call you a friend.

In fact if anybody really does want to catch up with Mike and learn how to catch real fish for real on man sized tackle, he is not only good, but a great chef too. I have been back and fished with Mike and Q since and had another ball.

See you again soon mate, and thanks from the bottom of my heart.

So, in true Ozzie salutation; "Bastard."
    Last edited by Gringo; 06-16-2008 at 09:22 AM.