+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if they held an election and nobody came!

Thumbs up What if they held an election and nobody came!

Just heard on the news that the small town of Pillsbury held an election and nobody voted....
    ....... including the people on the ballot...the mayor and at least a couple of aldermen.
    Only in North Dakota....gotta love it!
    nam

Smile

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

They do it in Zimbabwe.

I heard that in one town a guy only received one vote. I don't know if divorce procedings followed

The former, or current mayor, depending on the ruling of state's election oversight board, was quoted as saying, "Clearly this election shows the voters of Pillsbury are sending a message to city hall."

There was no word on what, exactly, that message was.

Grouse

Somehow, this seems about as "strange"!?!

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - The residents of a Romanian village knowingly voted in a dead man as their mayor in Sunday's municipal election, preferring him to his living opponent.
    Neculai Ivascu, 57, who ran the village for almost two decades, died from liver disease just after voting began -- but still won the election by a margin of 23 votes.
    A local official said the authorities decided to keep the poll open in case Ivascu's opponent, Gheorghe Dobrescu, won, avoiding the need for a re-run.
    "I know he died, but I don't want change," a pro-Ivascu villager told Romanian television.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread