+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is a great site.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Welcome to the site. Don't forget the Chat room. It is usually active after 5pm or so. By 9 pm there are usually just a few hangers on and one or two sleepers. ( You know who you are ) Its Great fun in there and a tremendous amount of useful information passed back and forth.

The chat is almost like another separate community on faol. It has the Same sensible rules for politeness as here on the bulletin board make it one of the very best chats on the web In my opinion.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Black Co,

Welcome aboard, yep - it's one of the good ones so don't be shy. This is one of the few site I make a regular habit of visiting. I've gotten a ton of good, honest info here. Check out the "Friend of FAOL" if you so inclined.
    Joe Bertolini

I agree, this really is the best flyfishing site around. Every one here is very nice, friendly, helpful and generous.

Welcome to FAOL and please come back. You'll make some good friends here.
    Tim

Hi Betty!

I had a similar experience, but I found a home here. The information is the best and always from a friendly typer.

Thumbs up

A gem to say the least. When I first came to this site I was searching for fly tying information. I found so much more and learned a bunch as well.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I can't believe you all have forgotten the most crucial information!! The new guys brings donuts!!

Welcome home, black_co!! I think you'll find a wonderful wealth of information here ... some of it even useful!! And some pretty incredible people, too!

Even people from Kansas!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Justice League Guest

Thumbs up I know your pain

I had that same experience about five years ago and just turned the computer off when it came to fishing stuff. Well to make a long story short I hurt my leg and had to have surgery last year and stumbled across this site and have been hooked ever since. These guys and girls are the greatest. They have helped me get my son into fly fishing and just gives me a good laugh when I need it. I hope to see you around more often.

WELCOME Black Co.! It's pretty much been said, above, about this site so I won't repeat it all over again!
    Just dig in, set back and enjoy the great folks, here. Contributing, is as useful at times, as gathering information. Just remember, too, that "opinions" are the property of each person giving them and are just THAT........ "OPINIONS"!
    Don't forget, to go to the "Home Page", here, too and work your way through all the fantastic links available!! Don't worry, if you get lost,(which is VERY easy to do), if we don't hear from you, for a while, we'll send out a search party and bring you back out.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread