+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a great site.

Hybrid View

Default This is a great site.

Thanks to all,

This is the best fly fishing community that I have run into. I almost did not make my first post on this site. I had experience elitism\snobbery on another unnamed fly fishing site, and it had me gun shy about getting involved with another community.

Everyone I have run into here has been very friendly and helpful.

Thanks again,

Black Co.

Smile

Do we let people in from Kansas now?

Only joking of course, welcome aboard. It is a great site, very well modified and friendly. I learn heaps here and have made a couple of good friends too. I experienced the same as you mentioned on a couple of sites too, I just cannot understand it.

Anyway we look forward to hearing more from you, sharing and poking some fun.

welcome! i hope you find this site as enjoyable as myself. these folks are great! i hope you made it through all the bad weather up your way.

chris
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Made it through the weather just fine. Supposedly the tornado sirens went off sometime Thursday evening, I didn't hear them if they did. Hell I didn't even know that Manhattan KS had been hit by a tornado until I got to work Thursday night.

And thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    Do we let people in from Kansas now?
    <clipped>

Hello!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Strongly Agree!

BC,

I'm glad that you took the giant step and decided to post. The nicest people on the Internet reside here! 8T

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by black_co View Post
    Thanks to all,

This is the best fly fishing community that I have run into. I almost did not make my first post on this site. I had experience elitism\snobbery on another unnamed fly fishing site, and it had me gun shy about getting involved with another community.

Thanks again,

Black Co.
    black co,
    Some years ago, I experienced the same thing you did & was also leery of posting. While I still have a LOT to learn, this site has been a "God send" to me. It is a great family we have here.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

black co,

Welcome as well. You hit the nail on the head. Great Site, Great People. I don't post as often as some because I have so much to learn, but I have always been treated like a member of the family. It is hard to explain this site to other people, there just aren't many out there like it. I have met a number of FAOLers and am happy to call them friends.

Take care,

Mike

black co. I am kind of new to this site myself as I have only been here since July of 07. I love it hear and instantly was welcomed and invited on a few fishing trips. The first one being in July of last year.

The people here treat you like family a friendlier bunch you will never find.

I hope you come back often and post a lot, just don't let them talk you into fly tying...... Oh I better run I have flies to tie.
    Last edited by scubatim; 06-14-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Remember we all live down stream

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black_co View Post
    Thanks to all,

Thanks again,

Black Co.

I think JC and LF keep the site free of such people, when they come here and start their garbage they are told to knock it off, if they don't they are told to leave. Makes a real nice place to hang out doesn't it.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread