I tie and fish a lot of wet flies and flymphs and really enjoy them. I really like the looks of wet flies that have married wings or just wings on them but have never tied any of them yet, but, want to. I have had many other fly fishermen ask me why I am more successful with the "catch" part of fly fishing then they are and the only thing I can respond is that while I am fly fishing, I can mentally see the fly I am using and I know what action I need to do to get the fly to respond the way I want it to. It is hard to explain so that others understand, but, I don't just cast the fly out there and keep casting it until something hits it. I concentrate very hard on the fly line and try to visualize in my mind where the fly is and what it is doing. I am not aware of much that is going on around me. I just become part of the river and the fly. I offer this so that you can understand my question more. When I visualize a winged wet fly in my mind and try to visualize it in the water, I get the feeling that the "wing" could cause the fly to turn side ways or cause twist in the tippet if I strip it too fast or a fast current pushes against it. Is this possible or is my mental image giving me bad feedback? Thanks for your input on my question...