Dear Gringo,

Gas is about $ 3.90 a gallon plus or minus a few pennies where I live and travel.

Diesel is a about a $ 1.00 more a gallon than gas which boggles my mind because it's the first and easiest product to extract from a gallon of crude oil.

I own a paid off diesel pick-up which I quit driving to work a couple of months ago when I was dropping $ 100.00 a week just to fill it up for work with no side trips whatsoever. I bought a well used Plymouth Breeze that I financed and I'm still ahead.

I spend about $ 40.00 a week for gas to drive to all the same places I drove in my pick-up. I make a car payment on the little fella, pay insurance for a second vehicle, and still have about $ 80.00 to $ 100.00 left over to drop in the truck's tank for pleasure driving.

I'll never understand the thought process of the guy who was talked about a post or two above? He traded a paid off vehicle to get a more fuel efficient vehicle. He lost $ 26,000 in two years on the trade. At $ 4.00 a gallon and 12 mpg he threw away 100,000 miles worth of free gas to spend more money on fuel efficient car?

Some people have more money than brains. I'm sure he thinks he's saving money though and that's all that counts!

Regards,
Tim Murphy