+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem Solved!!!

1. Talking Problem Solved!!!

I use the fly floatent that comes in the neat little bottle that you can clip on your vest with the neat holder. Unfortunatly, every time I crawl through the brush it dissapears. The cost is bothersome, but being on the river without the floatent it a real pain. I solved the problem with a piece of shoe lace and electrical tape. Tied knots in each end of 3" piece of shoelace, put it thru grommit on my vest, and taped the ends to the bottle. Works!! Why didn't I think of this years ago???

Quote Originally Posted by leakywaders View Post
    I use the fly floatent that comes in the neat little bottle that you can clip on your vest with the neat holder. Unfortunatly, every time I crawl through the brush it dissapears. The cost is bothersome, but being on the river without the floatent it a real pain. I solved the problem with a piece of shoe lace and electrical tape. Tied knots in each end of 3" piece of shoelace, put it thru grommit on my vest, and taped the ends to the bottle. Works!! Why didn't I think of this years ago???
    I have pockets for most stuff and lanyards for my forceps, flyboxes, floatant, nippers and even my hat on windy days or on a boat. My floatant sits in an open pocket so it's out of the way. It is tethered to a zinger on the inside of my vest.

Blog Entries

Talking

I discovered these handy enclosed spaces called "pockets" . Things in pockets tend to stay in place longer than things not in pockets.

I discovered the hard way that pockets work better if they are sealed shut when you fall down in fast water, or things float out of them.

I also discovered that there is a law of nature that says the thing you are searching for will not be located in the first pocket in which you seek it, EVEN IF IT IS THE ONLY POCKET YOU EVER PUT IT IN, but the umpteenth.

By the way, I have ten or twelve of your bottles of floatant here somewhere. I keep finding them along the river.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    I discovered these handy enclosed spaces called "pockets" . Things in pockets tend to stay in place longer than things not in pockets.

I discovered the hard way that pockets work better if they are sealed shut when you fall down in fast water, or things float out of them.

I also discovered that there is a law of nature that says the thing you are searching for will not be located in the first pocket in which you seek it, EVEN IF IT IS THE ONLY POCKET YOU EVER PUT IT IN, but the umpteenth.

By the way, I have ten or twelve of your bottles of floatant here somewhere. I keep finding them along the river.
    I love it...I think I'll go to bed with a smile...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    I love it...I think I'll go to bed with a smile...
    Did you find my stream thermometer too?? Althogh I don't need it until I get the leak fixed.
    BTW I have found (the hard way) that if my name and phone number is written on things they are much less likley to be stolen, and far more likley to be returned if lost.

Blog Entries

Rest assured that if I found a $4 bottle of floatant with a name and address on it, I would send it back, or at least drop a line asking if they wanted it back.

After one of the abovementioned falling in incidents, I had a fly box returned to me in a roundabout way. A young woman found it, mentioned it to her dad, who mentioned it to a friend of his, who worked with me and knew I had fallen in and lost a box. I ended up getting it, and the 300 flies it contained, back. I wrote my name and addy on all my boxes after that, but have long since stopped doing it.

+ Reply to Thread