+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boy Scouts

Hybrid View

Default Boy Scouts

All,

Please keep the scouts and families from Iowa, and all of our neighbors being hit with this weather, in your prayers. As an adult leader with the local troop this hits hard. My son is about to embark on a similar week of camp starting Sunday.

May all those injured heal quickly, and those taken find peace and their families find comfort.

Mike
    Assistant Scoutmaster T-367

Mike:

When I seen the story on the news last night my heart went out to the families. There was one good thing from a tragedy like this that shined through. The story today showed how the Boy scouts went right to work with first aid kits and helped a lot of their fellow members that were badly injured to mildly injured. The true spirit of what scouting is about truly shined during a tragic moment. The Boy scouts since I was one a long time ago up to today lived out our motto "Be Prepared". I am very proud of those Boys who came to the rescue of their fellow brothers. I am also very sad to hear the loss of the four young boys. I am hope the rest of us very old Boy Scouts feels the same way of this terrible accident. In closing I pray for the families that has suffered such a great loss and hope that one day they will find comfort.

Fontinalis

Amen.

I spent more than a few nights at that very camp many years ago. My heart goes out to all.

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread