Went fishing with a childhood buddy while attending 50th. high school class reunion last week. Fished a river we often did as kids. About two steps up on the path beside the river I tripped over a 2" stob sticking out of the ground and started falling forward. Realized I wouldn't be able to stop the fall so I tossed my rod and prepared for the worst. Unfortunately, three bad things conspired to make it worst. Had a vest one stuffed with fly boxes, had my digital camera in the left side shirt pocket and landed on a small dirt mound while my left arm was outstretched. The sudden stop took my breath away and my whole left side hurt like h*ll. My buddy said I was kind of red in the face when he can running back to check on me. After an initial check to see if I could stand and make sure nothing was sticking out of my chest except hair decided this would be the only chance to fish while home and kept on trucking. Ribs are still very sore six days later; but, have been able to sleep some as opposed to the first three nights sitting up in a chair in order to snooze a little. It was worth every bit of it. Hadn't fished with my buddy for about 50 years and we had a great day except for my "short trip." Consulted with doctor by phone (my son) and he told me to watch out for pneumonia if I couldn't breathe deep because of injury. Alternated some OTC meds every few hours and so far it's getting better.