+ Reply to Thread

Thread: update on son

Hybrid View

Default update on son

Well the boy is doing well. Betty brought it to my attention I should post something as to how he is doing so I shall. When my son came to live with us a little over a year ago he weighed 622 pounds. Since his surgery he is now at as of last week 478 pounds. He has not seen that weight since high school. He watches very closely what he eats. At a month out almost he has yet to throw up which is a very good sign. He will spend all of July in Salmon Idaho cause there are a lot of women up there that are single. His leg is healing very well and some scar tissue is starting to show up with the incision now being only a couple of inches long versus the original 8 inch incision. He threw his pole and chair in the car the other day and went fishing. did not catch anything but had a good time. I am v ery proud of him and only 78 pounds to go and he gets his pontoon boat.

That's fantastic news! Sounds like he'll have his toon soon. Go Robert!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thumbs up

Bob,
    Thanks for the update. What we have here is yet another FAOL Community Success Story.....Of course we left the HARD work to Robert, & he seems to be doing a fine job.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Incredible!! I'm so proud of him! Keep up the great work! And keep us posted. Hugs!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Bob, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!
    I know, "you went into hiding",after that lunch you and I and "Rugs" all had together in Portland, when you were here and you'd promised ME "a new pontoon boat, too, if Robert lost the required weight"!
    But, you know, I wouldn't hold you to such a deal my friend! The new "rod, line, reel and waders", deal is MORE than enough so don't worry about the new "Toon at all and keep posting updates on "our boy".

(aside, Bob......... when Robert goes up to Salmon, where all those ladies hang out, DON'T give him any of YOUR advice! There's no use him starting out with a disadvantage like that, hanging over his head!)
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great news Keep up the good job!
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

+ Reply to Thread