Where are you staying and do you want to limit your fishing to the Alabama side or do you also want to try Fla? You will need a lic for each. Early morning is good for Ladyfish, Spanish, Pomps, and Bluefish on the beach. Blind cast or look for feeding activity, you'll know it when you see it. If you catch them busting bait, cast to the edge, strip as fast as you can and hang on. Watch behind you for walkers, they will stand right behind you. The last time I fished the beach I glanced over my shoulder and there was a Dad and his two little girls not 20 feet behind me as I whizzed clousers over their head. At little lagoon pass on an outgoing tide can be very good just at daybreak and I've heard that trout fishing is good in little lagoon if you can find a place to wade. Florida point, not actually in Florida but on the Florida side of Perdido pass used to be good on a moving tide but the Corp of Engineers has changed the jetties around and I'm sure that has affected it. If you want to try Fl, go to Gulf Shores National Park, known locally as Johnsons Beach or sometimes Big Lagoon, and wade the grass flats on the inshore side for trout and redfish. Try the Pensacola Fishing Forum for more info.

Duncan