+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WATCH YOUR GAS LEVEL THIS WEEKEND?

Default WATCH YOUR GAS LEVEL THIS WEEKEND?

A friend just called me to tell me that a Central Ky Dealer had two gas trucks returned empty from his Cincinnati supplier. Supposedly the supplier was hooked up with the pipelines from Louisiana or Mississippi which is shutdown. Better check ahead before going out over the weekend. I hope this is only a temporary or isolated case but I am afraid it may not be. When you say a pray for the folks in the South, say one for the rest of the country we're all going to have some hard times together.

nighthawk Guest

The E.P.A. has waived restrictions on volatile and low sulfur fuels to help the refineries boost production. Check out [url=http://www.foxnews.com:406c9]http://www.foxnews.com[/url:406c9]
    The Secratary of Transportation has lifted restrictions on driver hours for C.D.L. drivers. This is a good effort to insure that no Americans run out of gas, diesel or heating fuel.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Air Cavalry all the way! When a voice cries out in distress, we will be there, no matter what the cost.

Oh great... that's just what I need more hours to drive. I'm working 65 hours a week now.

Rusty <><

PCRusty,

Stop by when you are making your run through Omaha!

Don
    Don Rolfson

And you've always got a stopping place in Kansas City!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Here in NE Pennsylvania the price of regular gas went up 40 cents a gallon overnight from August 30th to August 31st.

Filled the gas tank up on Monday Morning at $2.59 per gallon. Tuesday Morning it went to $2.79 per gallon. Wednesday Morning it went to $2.99 per gallon. Hate to think what Thursday morning is going to bring, but still more fortunate than those on the Gulf Coast that have lost everything, but the clothes on their backs. ~Parnelli

Steve ,no fear the local walmarts have plenty,just bust a window out and get what
    you want!The few make the rest look really
    bad,wish more police agents were deployed
    down there from other states,even a few would help some.

average combined state and federal tax on gasoline is 42%, meaning that if you spend $3 on a gallon of gas, $1.26 is tax. If the government would give up this windfall they are getting due to increased gas prices, the prices could be lowered. funny no politician has mentioned this...

Since Georgia receives about one third of our gasoline from the gulf coast area hit hardest by the terrible hurricane our gasoline prices went up overnight as well. $2.99 per gallon is just about the cheapest and the news reported several stations at $4-$6 cash only and one as high as $8.00 per gallon. I suspect that this price gouging will last about a week or so and hopefully everyone remembers the worst offenders and takes their business elsewhere.

As much of a hassle as it is to pay these high prices for gasoline, I need only to watch the news about the poor people in New Orleans and Mississippi to realize that we really have nothing to complain about.

Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread