+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Professional" Sports

Default "Professional" Sports

I never could stand sports and have yet to see any enjoyment in watching someone else play sports... Maybe it's because I hear about it all the time.

"Hey didja hear about the Butte Bluebellies win last night? They had the bases loaded when the other team's half-back fumbled the puck allowing them to score a 5 run touchdown."

The lingo is the worst part of it.

I actually quit watching TV because of sports. When I get reaaaaally bored, I'll turn on the idiot-box to see if there is anything worth watching on. Nope. Foos-ball...

Now I can understand watching racing or something like that. The crashes are cool and a lot of times, the driver gets out, waves his hand and goes right back to doing it.

Or even the MXC on Spike!! Now that's fun to watch!! Japanese people in some weird gameshow turned into a sport with a dubbed over script...

Also the UFC fights! There is some really good entertainment there. Two guys getting into a "cage" and beating each other senseless... One-sided most of the time, but still fun to watch.

Unfortunately, I can't get UFC, or MXC on my TV, so I stick to watching movies in my collection over and over. This week, the Indiana Jones Trilogy. In all actuality... I'd rather be fishing....
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing~

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

I wonder if you have seen that there is a new type of professional sport on TV whereby bass fishermen catch as many bass as they can in as short a time as they can.

One of the rules seems to be to leave the net at home and use a strong enough line so that you can yank the fish out of the water and slam it into the bottom of the boat. All this without the bother of having to actually play the fish. When you get five big ones you fire up your twin 255 horse motors and race back to the dock to recieve a huge amount of dollars for 3 days work.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joerogrz View Post
    I never could stand sports and have yet to see any enjoyment in watching someone else play sports... Maybe it's because I hear about it all the time.

"Hey didja hear about the Butte Bluebellies win last night? They had the bases loaded when the other team's half-back fumbled the puck allowing them to score a 5 run touchdown."

The lingo is the worst part of it.

I actually quit watching TV because of sports. When I get reaaaaally bored, I'll turn on the idiot-box to see if there is anything worth watching on. Nope. Foos-ball...

Now I can understand watching racing or something like that. The crashes are cool and a lot of times, the driver gets out, waves his hand and goes right back to doing it.

Or even the MXC on Spike!! Now that's fun to watch!! Japanese people in some weird gameshow turned into a sport with a dubbed over script...

Also the UFC fights! There is some really good entertainment there. Two guys getting into a "cage" and beating each other senseless... One-sided most of the time, but still fun to watch.

Unfortunately, I can't get UFC, or MXC on my TV, so I stick to watching movies in my collection over and over. This week, the Indiana Jones Trilogy. In all actuality... I'd rather be fishing....
    As ye judge, so shall ye be judged. Most of what you call entertainment I do not like. However, I am not going to post on here and belittle the things that you like.

By the way, I come from a racing family. Regional dirt tracks in late models and modified stocks. I fully realize that a driver does not have to get into the race car. I have personally seen enough drivers injured and killed to know that there is nothing entertaining about the crashes.

I also see the fishing and hunting shows on T.V. that are in the venue Gnu Bee Flyer has brought up and I agree with Gnu Bee Flyer.

Trolling is also part of the sport of fishing and should be left there.

Joe,
    I have exercised my better judgement and will keep my reply BEHIND my teeth where it surely belongs. It's the "opinion" thing, everyone has one.

Mark

PS: I did once ask a very famous professional athlete why he demands SO MUCH money, his reply, because I CAN.

It was a joke!!! You know... Ha ha!! Insert laughing here because someone made a joke.... Even on the internet people think I'm serious.... I give up.... Stick a fork in me, I'm done.... Not literally... It's just an expression....

lol,,, fill some time;
    start here,,,
    http://flyanglersonline.com/cst/cst19197.php

Gnu- I really don't keep up with fishing tournaments either.

Everyone else- I would LOVE to hear your replies. C'mon anything you got! Throw your worst at me! Shoot me a PM and I'll empty out my inbox!!
    Last edited by joerogrz; 06-06-2008 at 12:28 AM.

nighthawk Guest

Joe,
    I apologize. Ah, you might want to consider the use of a smile or two when joking on the net.

J.C.,
    You really crack me up sometimes. Great article!

Talking

Joe;
    Pack a bag, you need to go fishing (and soon!!). I'll pick ya up Friday after you get off work and bring ya back here. We'll hit the Duck River Saturday and the Elk on Sunday, Which is right on the way back to Loretto! And in between the two we'll stop by Tim's Fly's and Lies in Lynchburg.

Hot da*n! Someone else who "speaks sports" like I do!!!I love it!! Yep, you really need to go fishing!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread