What a week of fishing and after a few tough outings this past weekend definetly made up for it. Friday myself and a TU buddy made our
way to Cheesman Canyon and after catching a few shortly after getting there it started to die out a bit. We missed the Tricos/midges but were able to notice some PMD's becoming active. I did land a nice
Brown -after trying to calm him down after 5 jumps, I guess he was a rainbow for the day! Either the fishing slowed or we had some bad
luck seeing how we hit a few holes after Mr. Cheesman himself Pat Dorsey had a few clients on them. Flies of choice: small midge
patterns, #22 olive bh WD-40, standard San Juan

Delaney Butte lakes were pretty sweet this weekend (Sun-Mon even) after worrying about crowd control when upon arriving at noon on
Sunday I couldn't believe that the place was almost empty.

I fished South Delaney for most of my time and was able to land a number of trout just after the Callibaetis hatch. Trout were more
turned onto the standard black patterns and any Crawfish patterns seeing how a guy I fished with found 15 crawdads in his belly...yes it was a nice size fish. I had a double at one point when after catching a few on #16 Griffeth gnat I switched to the standard #14 Par Adams dropping #22 zebra midge for some cruisers near the bank. A
nice 17' hit the dry when out of no where the big Cutt I had been after hit the midge seconds later and at one split second had a nice little fight. End result the smaller got off an dthe bigger one now is on my main photo section on here.

Ended the night on North catching a few dinks and after 2 hours of solitude on the lake a lone fisherman showed up at 8pm to also enjoy a nice sunset and some nice browns.Flies of choice: green scuds,
Callibaetis, Griffeth Gnats, bunny leeches blk/olive, para adams, crawfish
patterns, chronomids, small midges and don't forget *anything black works the best at all times! One guy I did meet that cruised in his
boat and was a 15 year vet there caught 5 over 25", I may have to invest in an outboard soon~

Trout Dawg
Recent trip photos below [url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cotrout/:5642d]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cotrout/[/url:5642d]