+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donated Fly Rod :(

stories with good endings are the best.

Praise God indeed!!!! I am so glad you now have it back! Who, what, where, when......

I still miss your Dad, but, I still can hear his humor in some of the things he would say! He was a hoot!!

Have a great Christmas!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Congrats on being a lucky fellow.

Wow, GREAT news!

Jeff

Good for you Waders, glad you got it back. Merry Christmas
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Praise God indeed!!!! I am so glad you now have it back! Who, what, where, when......

I still miss your Dad, but, I still can hear his humor in some of the things he would say! He was a hoot!!

Have a great Christmas!
    Sadly but somewhat humorous it was never left at the river!
    My middle son had taken the rod apart, put the rod in the bottom of a rod case (2 wt 6' rod just kinda disappeared in that tube) and the reel was in his vest. He thought I had misplaced another rod and never put two and two together. I must say I was just very happy to discover there was something else in that rod tube.

Miss Dad too. He always had the best advice even when I didn't want to hear it. I miss being able to ask him the difficult questions of life and the often dry humor that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer View Post
    Both rods flew off the car.
    LOL! Oh man, that's funny! Thanx for that!

Few years ago I hit a stream an hour and a half away, had a bang-up day catching trout and talking to jealous on-lookers. Got back to the car in the evening, packed up, headed home.

Grilled some steaks and jabbered about my great day to my smiling wife (smiling because she was thinking about anything other than what I was saying). Then I had a moment. My face went pale enough that she asked "what's wrong?"

"I don't remember putting my rod in the car."

Now, that rod had been my friend for almost 7 years. We'd shared a lot. It was the first rod I ever bought and it was my friend.

Hour and a half drive... did it in one hour back to the stream in the dark to look for my rod. I pulled into the park spot and the headlights lit on it lying in the grass and leaves. I figure some poor ole southern boy found it, couldn't figger it out, and threw it to the ground as "wot in tarnation?... don't work!"

I was elated to have my friend back.

On another note, a buddy and I finished a float and I discovered I didn't have my streamer wallet. Must have left it on the rocks at the put-in. Probably fifty nice streamers in there, and a nice leather, fleece-lined wallet. Had to donate that one. Oh well, now I get to retie and restock without the annoying pang of guilt of getting rid of some old favorites.
    Last edited by Rob Knisely; 12-02-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Cool Super -

How neat is that? Any details?
    Hugs,
    LF

Alright waders!!! ...

+ Reply to Thread