+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 PA Fish-In Wrap Up

I second the motion for keeping the same week for all the same reasons plus it was hot enough upstairs. I have to remember to bring a fan next year.

Cool

I also vote for keeping it the same week - we nailed the timing on those hatches! Of course next year could be entirely different though.

A second on the fans for upstairs - I almost opened the window anyway that first night. There'd have been "Lots of bugs on me!!!" Wasn't too bad once we found where the screens were stored.

A PA Fish-In without Jack just wouldn't be the same. Even with how sick he was, he was still funny as heck. Now that he doesn't work for Cabela's anymore, that may be the only chance I get to visit that character.

We have to be careful about mentioning how FAT we all got. Randy has already threatened to make quiche next year. No thanks - I'll stick to the eggs, bacon, home fries, ham, steak, sausage, toast, and pancakes. A few pounds of scrapple would fit in nicely with all that carnage though. I overheard the cooks and the butcher plotting our waistline's demise for next year - BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID!!!

Default pa fish in

hi ed i got a bad tooth that got me mess up. didn't get the cold, but maybe all the pills that i gave to jack help me. yes we should keep the same week,if we can. you know i fish all over pa with lots of groups , but this group take the cake. of all the materal that i have with me i think the fighting cocks necks are the best. i like to fish with more people but old ways are hard to break. we had one guy at my camp sleep with his fly books, than count the fly to see if no one got any. some of the patterns i have are from him, but he said that he would take most of them to the grave, he did. flyman 3

Talking 2008 PA Fish-in

I would just like to thank all who attended !!!!!
    With out you guys it would just be another fishin trip.
    I am sure Randy feels the same.
    We are planning for next year the same week.
    also working on the meals ,going to try to mix it up some.
    Next year I'll do Ed M.'s health food --(yea right)
    I just had a blast cooking for you guys and doing the afternoon flytying ,
    as well as the evening stuff.
    Maybe next year we can get into the old three fly cast fishing with some of you guys.
    Thanks to FAOL for bringing us together!!

Later

The Wet Fly Guy

Wink Next year fish-in scheduled

Hey guys,
    I'm in for next year. Even though my anniversary falls on Friday that week. I already have permission to go! That week really is the best time for the hatches. Most of them last two weeks and the likelyhood of hitting them is very good. Count me in! Ron G.

Unfortunately,I was commited to another fly fishing trip to Maine(5/31-6/7) when Ed asked me to join this trip.

I never play"wudda,coulda,shudda"---but it looks like I missed out on The Mother of All FlyFishing Trips with you guys!!!

A)count me in for next year
    B)count me in for any Steelhead trips to NYS

Tom
    AFISHN
    "...when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin'..."

OK---you guys asked for it---now you got it.......

Wetflyguy and myself stopped in with the manager of the campgrounds and requested to have the same week next year. Of course with new technology, the computer did not take her that far in advance for bookings.

Guess what?? I got a call from Karyn from the lodge and she told me we will have the same week for next year and it's already penciled in. Good news...The bad news is that the people who follow us reserved it for the same time next year,,,,,sooooo we will have it from tuesday May 26,2009 to Saturday May 30. We can have it for Memorial day ,if we want, but we will have to leave again on Saturday. So far, we have it reserved from tues-to sat.

The paperwork for the contract will be sent out next year in January 2009, to pay the required 50% fee,but we have it booked......YEAR # 4 COMING UP.

Heritage--did you post the pics that I sent you???
    KISS UP NOW FOR THAT VACATION NEXT YEAR.

Now for the disclaimer---We will be instituting some new rules for signing up. We had one member drop out at the last moment, knowing that he wasn't going to make it right from the beginning...that hurt us. We had one member that slept outside when he could have made arrangements to sleep inside with the gang.
    The other is that the food bill might increase $5 because of the increase of driving a meat locker to the location with all the food inside. I understand the butcher wants to come with, again. His wife told me she couldn't shut him up for 2 days. Don't forget the increased costs of all those boxes on Dunkin Hines cake mixes for the cobblers......
    We also may get hit with a fee for getting our comedian to take the stage again...flyman3. He's worth the price, plus some.....

Randy

Blog Entries

Sounds GREAT to me. Leaving Sat am lets me fish all the way back home and end up on the Genny right at the NY/Pa line!

Cool

Hi Randy - The pictures you sent me are on the first page of the album. Hope everyone checks it from time to time. I find myself looking over it all year until the NEXT Fish-In. Those are the kind of memories I prefer to keep.

No kissing up required for me to get this week off. My boss knows how serious I am about this event. Maybe the baseball bat I carry when I hand my vacation request in has something to do with it. Besides, if work wouldn't let me go, I'd just quit and get another job. Life is too short to miss out on the really good stuff.

2008 PA Fish-In Photobucket Album:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0PA%20Fish-In/
    Last edited by Heritage Angler; 06-10-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Who do I send a deposit to so i can secure a spot for next year???
    "...when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin'..."

+ Reply to Thread