Thread: Love my NEW Toy!! : )

Threaded View

Thumbs up Love my NEW Toy!! : )

Well I've had my Canon 10D Digital SLR for a couple years now and really like it. Over the past few months however I've been getting the itch to upgrade and I finally pulled the trigger. I stepped up and bought the Canon 40D and WOW, what a camera!

Seems like they really soaked up all the feedback on the 10D, 20D and 30D and worked hard to add some exceptional features into the 40D. While I have yet to learn all the new bells and whistles there are 2 features I'm REAL excited about.

The first is that I have the option to shoot all photos in high format .jpg AND RAW format at the same time. So every shot I take is in high resolution .jpg AND also RAW. This allows me to review and use the photos quickly in the .jpg format and if something looks good I can revert to the RAW format where I have a much bigger file that can be used and manipulated easier/

The other feature which really excites me is the live image function. When shooting close up stuff, it is often hard to tell if the images are in exact focus. Well with the live view option, the large 3" display shows a live image and I can blow it up 5X and 10X to be absolutely sure the image is in focus. This function is manual focus only which is fine. This has saved me tons of time shooting images only to find out later they are slightly out of focus. THANK YOU CANON!

The past 24 hours the Mayflies have been pouring off the trout stream next to the house so my home is an up to the minute hatch indicator. So playing around with the camera this evening I managed to find several Mayflies sitting on my plants and siding and shot some photos.

Looking forward to many more days in the field shooting with this camera : )
    Last edited by Dr. Fish; 06-02-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Photo hosting site died and had to switch to new image site